Joseph R. SchmucklerChief Executive Officer, Managing Director
Mr. Schmuckler joined Kidder, Peabody & Co., Inc. in 1982 as an associate in the firm’s new financial futures and options department. Eight years later, he was named a Partner and led the institutional coverage desk for the firm’s global equity-related derivative products and portfolio trading. In 1990, Mr. Schmuckler joined Nomura Holdings (NYSE: NMR) and began what became a 17-year career helping to globalize the firm. He began where he left at Kidder by developing the firm’s equity-linked businesses in the Americas and Europe, and eventually was named co-head of the overall equity business in the Americas. In 1998, he was named President of the firm’s US broker-dealer and subsequently the Chief Operating Officer for the firm’s business in the Americas.
In 2007, Mr. Schmuckler left Nomura to head the global markets business for one of the world’s largest financial organizations, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (NYSE: MTU). Based in Tokyo and with responsibilities for the securities and capital markets division globally, Mr. Schmuckler led all equity and debt activities in Europe, U.S. and Asia.
In 2010, Mr. Schmuckler joined Medley Capital as managing partner to help build what became one of the leading middle market corporate lending firms.
Mr. Schmuckler graduated from the University of Delaware with a B.S. in finance and from New York University with an M.B.A.
- Kidder, Peabody & Co, Inc., Partner, Responsible for institutional equity derivatives.
- Nomura Holding America, Inc, Chief Operating Officer, Responsible for the US broker dealer securities, investment management and advisory businesses.
- Mitsubishi UFJ Securities, Ltd., Senior Executive Officer, Responsible for the global markets sales, trading and capital markets businesses.
- Medley Capital, LLC, Managing Partner, Responsible for business development and institutional fundraising.
- University of Delaware, BS, Finance
- New York University, MBA, Finance
Check the background of this investment professional on FINRA’s BrokerCheck